As we all have seen in Avengers: Endgame, Thor underwent some serious changes. Change is to be expected after all the events and deaths that occurred. Personally, I believe Thor is a character who is always optimistic, never let anything hold him back and is very loyal.
In the Endgame trailers, I remember feeling heartbroken because Thor looked so depressed, like all hope was lost. I knew that what was to come would effect him greatly.
Russo Brother’s Thor versus Taika Waititi’s Thor
In this movie Thor showed some great character development:
1. Learning to be Thor without Mjölnir.
2. Showed that the physical does not determine Thor’s strength or value (Haircut and loss of his eye).
3. A fight for Asgard, he remains extremely determined to help his people in any way possible.
1. Used his physical appearance as a way to express how poorly Thor was doing as a joke.
Using someone’s weight as a joke is cheap humor. Fat jokes are not funny and are disgusting. Thor’s weight gain should not be a joke. In fact, his weight gain is a sign of his depression, problems and grief.
2. Thor did not seem the same regarding his leadership of the Asgard citizens on Midgard.
Having Valkyrie in charge is not necessarily a bad idea but it appears that he abandoned his people for years and then simply gave up his throne.